How to play guide for The Horus Heresy: Legions
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for The Horus Heresy: Legions. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
Battles are turn based. Reduce the enemy Warlord’s health to 0 to win.
Warlords are bigger units always aligned at the center of the battlefield. Your Warlord is always placed in the lower part of the battlefield.
By default you start each game with 2 energy and 3 cards in your hand, or 4 if you’re going second.
The Warlord with the highest Initiative goes first. If both have the same value, who goes first is decided randomly.
You maximum Energy increases by 1 at the start of each turn, up to a maximum of 10. Energy is used to play cards and use active abilities and it fully replenishes at the start of your turn. Your energy is displayed under the End Turn button at the right side of the screen, and your opponent’s Energy on top.
At the beginning of your turn you draw a card from your deck of 30 cards. You can have up to 10 cards in your hand. If there are no cards left in your deck, you will take 1 cumulative damage each time there is an attempt to draw.
During your turn you can: (Play a card from your hand if you have enough Energy to play it. To play a card, drag it from your hand towards the center of the battlefield, or onto your target.
- Attack enemy units with your Warlord or troops, once per unit. To attack, drag your attacking unit onto your target.
- Use your Warlord’s or a troop’s active ability, once per unit, if you have enough Energy to play it. To use an active ability, tap on the unit with an active skill to make a pop up appear on the lower right side of the screen. Tap on the pop up to use the active skill, or drag your finger from the pop up onto your target.
- Tap on cards on your hand or on the battlefield to get additional information on what they do (you can also do this during your opponent’s turn).
You can only attack OR use active abilities with units with a green circle at their base.
Once you are done with your turn, tap on the End Turn button at the right side of the screen.
In addition, you will find some buttons to your left:
- [Settings button]: in this settings menu you can turn sound, music, particles and enemy chats on and off, as well as resign the current game.
- [Info Button]: a log on the current game’s latest actions. You can tap on them to see which cards were played.
- [Chat button]: tap to chat through your character with your opponent. Each Warlord has 3 free chats and some have additional ones you may find in reward or cosmetic crates.